Monday, July 23, 2012

The Long Way to Church

I recently finished a book called 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think by Laura Vanderkam. Friends of the blog will know that I care a lot about time-management (my first post on the topic was way back in 2006) so expect a more thorough treatment of Vanderkam's book in the coming weeks.

But one result of interacting with the material (plus the fact that I'm home alone) is that I've started taking the long way to church. There are a couple of different routes I've tried. One walks along the backs, with exquisite views of King's College Chapel and a winding approach to the city centre through some amazing brick structures. The other cuts across the cow fields via a beautiful path lined with ducks and swans. Either path gives me a few extra minutes to reconnect with the creation a bit before walking down into St. Bene't's to worship the Creator. They are beautiful, spiritual walks. They feed my soul.

The path leading away from Ridley Hall

The narrow sidewalk threatens to spill you into the street

Punts outside the Granta

The green is always only a few yards away

My path through the cow fields

The Cam, angry

Silver Street Bridge

Swans and signets. Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment