Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Mundelein!

I'm in Mundelein, IL right now, at St. Mary of the Lake Seminary, attending Grad and Faculty Ministry's annual staff conference. We're having a blast, but there's hardly any time to do anything other than move from event to event. I only have a few more minutes before dinner time.

I got here a day before the conference started for some "Chapter Building" training. I've walked away with some new insights I hope to implement this coming year, including starting some regular Grad Christian Fellowship Nights with dinner, singing, frank conversation, and Scripture. I'm looking forward to the possibility!

Scott McKnight is our plenary speaker for the conference. He talked last night about how we have so individualized the Gospel that we've missed the fullness of Christ's reconciliation of ourselves with God, each other, and the world. It was a powerful reminder of God's expansive work on our behalf in his Son Jesus.

I've got to run, but I wanted to be sure to post this update before it got too hectic again (or it got added to a to-do list and not attended to). Please pray for the rest of our time and for safe travel Thursday (3/8) afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment